Engineered wood floor sanding is considered one of the most challenging jobs in the flooring branch. Many companies in Hampstead even don’t offer it in their sanding services list simply because it can be difficult even for the experienced and well-trained technicians to perform at least properly. We can’t accuse them, because of the specific structure and character engineered comes with, which makes dealing with it pretty time consuming, too precise and detailed and overall, not preferred against the easy like a piece of cake wood sanding for example. Well, we don’t want to scare you if you are already an owner of an engineered wood installation or you are planning to purchase one.
Why Engineered Wood Sanding Is Our Job
The benefits of the material are countless and we will mention only a few of its best features – engineered wood looks exactly like real wood, but more durable and solid, not that sensitive to the environment and high traffic, with great installation flexibility and a lot of longevity. However, engineered wood if a manufactured product, made from glued together layers of lumber material or plywood and a thin top layer of real wood, topped with an industrial finish. The industrial finish added is high traffic resistant and hard-wearing, however, with time the surface of the floor gets worn, distressed, scratched and dull and here is where our engineered wood restoration service will help you. If you are Hampstead based, be sure to contact us and request a sanding appointment and we will surprise you with no-mess and timely performance and amazing prices.
What to Expect When Hiring Our Expert Engineered Wood Floor Restoration Team
Although, at Floor Sanding Hampstead we like to say we always offer an individual approach to any project and we love previously to discuss with our clients the specifics and requirements of their project, there are a few main steps we follow for every engineered wood renovation, in order to create flawless and sleek outcomes and here they are shortly:
- Before starting the project, we want to make sure we provide the perfect preparation. Well, the sanding method will significantly improve the condition of your installation, however sometimes certain repair is needed. In case we find squeaky and loose planks, in case we notice the wood adhesive starts to lose its power or there are deep scratches and gaps, which threaten the wood to start to crack, we will fix them and create the perfect sturdy base for the upcoming services.
- The sanding method itself will remove the worn, dirty and dull top layer of the finishing product and if the bare wood’s surface underneath is too damaged and scratched, we will treat it also. Engineered wood planks have only 3 to 9 cm thick top layer and sanding must be really precise and light and also very professional to avoid a recent need for more treatments since the planks can’t be sanded too many times.
- Finally, when the pores of the wood are already open after sanding, our experts will recommend you sealing and staining, if you consider, because this is the right time for application. The sealing products will not only add the effect of your choice on the surface and make it resistant to damaged and high traffic but also add extra durability and solidness to the whole structure.
Why Done It Professionally?
There is always the option to hire all the equipment you need for an engineered wood floor sanding and refinishing project and attempt a DIY project. However, this is definitely not recommended as every DIY project may end up being a total nightmare, especially if you don’t have any previous experience. Our experts have a ton of experience and knowledge under the belt. They will use the right types of abrasives, focusing on removing only the old layer of worn finish and imperfections from the surface of the floor and retaining the top layer of the floorboards themselves as much as possible. This will leave the floorboards with their initial thickness and strength, which will allow a new sanding service in future and more decades for you to enjoy your beautiful and contemporary floor.
Check Out Our Portfolio of Wood Floor Services
As an experienced leader in the wood floor services and industry in Hampstead, we have years of experience catering for a wide range of services designed to improve all types of wood flooring. Here are just a few examples of the beneficial services we can deliver:
- Initial inspection of the floor and its condition is always included for every new project we start. It gives us the chance to determine the best and most necessary treatments required according to the condition of the floor.
- Wood floor repair takes care of all the major and minor issues and imperfections. It minimizes the risk of smaller issues growing bigger and causing a significant problem. There are major wood floor repair projects that cover the entire floor and spot repairs that usually include replacement of the too damaged floorboards with new ones.
- Wood floor sanding is the perfect solution for refreshing the look of older and worn solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floors. Sanding removes the layer of old finish on top of the floor along with all imperfections on the surface and prepares the bare wood floor refinishing.
- Wood floor refinishing is the application of a sealing product that improves the floor visually and ensures extra protection and preservation of the original colour and texture of the wood species.
- Wood floor staining can either intensify and enhance the natural colour of the wood species or completely change it.
- Gap filling is great for improving the structural integrity of the floor and improving the insulation.
- Wood floor recovering is designed for oiled and waxed wood floors and does not require a stressful and messy sanding service beforehand.
How Often to Hire an Engineered Wood Floor Sanding Service?
Depending on the thickness of the top layer of the engineered wood planks, the floor can be sanded up to four times in its lifetime. This means you can enjoy an engineered wood floor that looks like brand new for many decades.
- Engineered wood floorboards with a top lamella layer of three mm can be sanded only once.
- Commonly, you can recognize if the engineered wood floor has a top layer of three mm when the planks are with two or three strips.
- Hardwood floors usually come with an eighteen mm thick plank and can be sanded up to the tongue and groove which means a sandable depth of approximately seven mm. This is almost as much as six mm engineered wood flooring.
We will be glad to answer all your additional questions regarding engineered wood floor sanding and restoration in Hampstead. Make sure to give us a call on 020 70360625 and ask for a free visit and quotation today.